About: How often have you been tested upon your irrationality?
Pi – The never ending & the never settling irrational number, always demanding an extra effort to increase the accuracy of your approximations.
The Pi Quiz – The young minds of IPM students of the Planet – I (IIM Indore) present a school level talent hunt competition to instigate the irrational creative minds of young students to touch practicality and reality. It tests one’s exactness of their approximations and inspires one to think different.
The Pi Quiz aims at giving the young minds of the country to bring a balance between a totally free creative mind and a grasp on reality. It gives them an opportunity to enhance their knowledge rather than test it by making them think like a mad genius. There has always been a link between” Madness” and “Genius”.
The Pi Quiz will be held in two sections –
Junior section- Students of Classes IX and X
Senior section- Students of Classes XI and XII
The quiz will be held will be held in 5 cities:
The Quiz will consist of subjective and objective written questions and has no specific syllabus. It will not be a test of knowledge, rather a test of one’s analytical, logical deduction and thinking abilities. It will be the test of one’s exactness in irrationality and approximations.
Other Details are as follows:
Date of the Quiz- 16th August, 2014.
Duration – 90 minutes
Time and Venue – To be intimated soon through E-mail and SMS notifications.
All school going students of classes IX-XII.
Registration Fee: Rs 100/-
Modes of Registration-
Both online and offline registrations are available. The interested students can register either online or Offline by depositing the required fee along with necessary details to registration in-charge of their respective schools (School Ambassador) who will in turn deposit the registration fees with details to our City Ambassadors. Offline mode of registrations shall not be available in Delhi.
Other than getting a chance to visit the IIM Indore campus and witnessing various events of Atharv 2014 like I-Conclave, the Panel Discussion of Atharv, the top 30 participants would get direct entry into The Game of Shadows, a flagship event of Atharv which requires no inherent knowledge for one to win.
They would also receive Certificates of Merit and many other prizes.
All participants of The Pi Quiz will receive an e-certificate of participation.
1) The quiz is being conducted as a part of Atharv 2014.
2) All students from classes IX – XII studying in any school in India are eligible to give the quiz.
3) The quiz will happen in two sections – one for classes IX and X and the other for classes XI and XII.
4) Questions shall be a mix of objective and subjective questions based on general aptitude and logic.
5) The test shall be conducted on 16th August 2014 in five cities (the name of the centres /venue will be declared on the website and an E-Mail/SMS notification will be sent to all registered participants):
6) You can register online for the test at atharvthefest.in. Registration charge shall be Rs.100 per participant to be paid online on or before 10th August 2014. The same shall be acknowledged via an E-Mail /SMS on the details provided by you.
7) You need to make a note of the registration ID which will be displayed on the entrance of Venue.
8) Kindly ensure you have a valid and unique E-mail address before beginning the registration process.
9) Identity Card of school or any other Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Quiz Centre at the time of the quiz. An acceptable photo identity is any one of Passport, Driving license, School Identity Card, Voter’s ID Card, Pan Card, Aadhar Card (UID).
10) Top 30 performers shall be invited to the IIM Indore campus during Atharv 2014 to witness and get a feel of the IIM Indore ambience, they will also get direct entry to participate in Game of Shadows, a flagship event of Atharv.
11) Results shall be declared at atharvthefest.in by 25th August 2014. Top performers shall be sent an E-Mail and SMS regarding the same.
12) All results shall be final and binding on all.
You can register for the quiz from 20th July, 2014 to 10th August, 2014.
During registration you will have to:
1) Fill up the form.
2) Make an online payment of Rs.100/- (By use of Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking).
Clearly mention all details required in the registration form and kindly ensure you have a valid and unique Email-Id before beginning the registration process.
Create your event at The College Fever to maximize your reach